Our book club was born out of a desire to develop strong friendships among our churches and learn more about what Jesus says about loving the poor. Now, we are thinking about the role of the church in restoring community in our city.
We meet over Zoom and are led by Pastors Marron Thomas, Sean Lucas, and Christopher Davis.
Next Up: With Justice for all: A Strategy for Community Development
“I am persuaded that the Church, as the steward of this gospel, holds the key to justice in our society. Either justice will come through us or it will not come at all.” John Perkins’s optimistic view of justice becoming a reality starts and ends with the Church. Dr. John Perkins is working with us to help us think well about the role of the Church in rebuilding community in Memphis.
1. Discussion Groups begin during the week of February 14.
2. Discussion Groups will choose meeting dates and times.
3. Buy With Justice For All by John Perkins here.
4. Register to get assigned to a Discussion Group.
5. In the Registration "comment box" list your preference (if any) for a facilitlator, day of the week and time for a Discussion Group meeting time.
Questions? Click FAQ, contact your facilitator or pastor, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find us on Zoom
Join your brothers and sisters in Christ in small Zoom groups. We will read WIth Justice For All and explore what the Bible has to say about how we as Christians and the body of Christ are called to be a blessing to Memphis.
Click the link for a message from our pastors and Dr. Perkins.
Video can’t be displayed
This video is not available.
3 CHURCHES 1 BODY
St. Paul Baptist